Thursday, 15 June 2017

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time- Literally!

Warmest greetings, friend! I had the most extraordinary conversation with an odd man with a bow tie. Odd man, really, but I suppose time travelers are like that as a general rule. Speaking of which...

Timebound, Rysa Walker
(Skyscape, New York 2013)

First in the Chronos Files series, Timebound is the story of sixteen year old Kate, who discovers her genetic ability to time travel after her grandmother gives her a medallion that is the only thing stopping her from disappearing from existence entirely when a shift in time causes her parents to suddenly vanish, as well as all knowledge of her life from the minds of all who knew her, save for a boy named Trey. Now yours truly doesn't approve of messing with timelines, but how Walker explains it in her books allows for changes and alterations to a timeline, which results in multiple timelines, but changes in the past can result in people being erased from existence, their memories being changed. This introduces moral dilemmas as the protagonists try to get the "right" timeline that has what they want. There is a rather steamy scene that I won't mention- let's just say this series is for older teenagers, for any parents out there.

The protagonist is hailed by the Publisher's Weekly as "The Katniss Everdeen of time travel", and considering the action-packed adventures Kate goes through, I certainly do not blame them!! Definitely one for the list if you're looking for a good read.

Professional reviews: 

PW Annex reviews (October 14, 2013; 9781477848159)

School Library Journal (March 01, 2014; 9781480558571)


I really would like to go on more about this book, loves, but that nice man in the bow tie is back and he's invited me to tea. I would tell you the details later, but a lady never tells.

Happy reading!

Regards,

E.

No comments:

Post a Comment