Monday, 12 June 2017

Upon the topic of Automata...

Greetings! I was able to send you this short transmission while the head of the Airship Guild stepped out to see to a dirigible that's just come in, he won't mind and I can wait.

Remember how we spoke about Hugo? How he finds an Automaton?

Fascinating thing, Automata. In Japanese, they call it Karakuri. They are perhaps some of the most elaborate puppets ever created. Things like Singing-Bird Boxes, or those little figures you see ringing bells in clocks, or cuckoos in cuckoo clocks.  They've been around since DaVinci, if you'll believe it, and are the precursor to modern-day robots.

I figured I'd show you some great videos about automatons, and give you some links to read about them on other sites: (x) (x) (x)

"The Writer"
 
 
"Cleopatra"
 
 
"The Archer"
 
I think I hear my good friend returning, so I must cut this short. Ta-ta for now, loves!
 
Regards,
 
E.

No comments:

Post a Comment